Steve Eberlein is a tenured conference speaker on the topic of earthquake risk and preparedness culture.
past and upcoming conference appearances
“I thoroughly enjoyed Steve’s presentation at the Association of Continuity Professionals (ACP) Conference. He is a gifted presenter as well as a passionate speaker on a very important, under-served topic.”
ACP National Board Chairperson
Igniting Enduring Cultures of Earthquake Preparedness
An organization’s emergency management, business continuity, and facilities teams aim to protect the heart of the enterprise – namely the lives and livelihoods of its people. To meet this aim, all staff – from the CEO to the production floor – must become active members in the company’s preparedness culture. Tipping Point Resilience attendees will learn about:
- The role of household preparedness in their business continuity structure
- The science and history of your local earthquake zone
- The infrastructural impact of a major seismic event
- The limitations of the policy/compliance structure in promoting workplace resilience
- How workplace culture can thwart or propel household preparedness and organizational resilience
- Messaging tactics that go beyond “build a kit/make a plan/stay informed”
- Replicable case studies of how real companies have prepared for really big threats.
- How to turn the tide in your company’s preparedness culture