Empowering companies to protect lives, livelihoods and continuity of business
All I have to say is…wow!!! Although I had seen his TEDx Talk and knew what a great speaker he was, Steve’s simply tremendous live and in person. And more importantly, I think he had a serious influence on the attendees of our disaster symposium. His presentation was informative, incredibly engaging and action-oriented — exactly what our audience needs and loves.
Dr. Jennifer Dimoff
Assistant Professor of Organizational Behavior and Human Resources
University of Ottawa
Igniting Enduring Cultures of Earthquake Preparedness Through:
PRESENTATIONS AND SEMINARS
A company’s emergency management, business continuity, and EHS teams aim to protect the heart of the enterprise – namely the lives and livelihoods of its people. To meet this aim, everyone from the CEO to the production floor must become active members in the company’s preparedness culture. With a combination of stunning visuals, appealing science, humor and the power of his personal experience, TPR’s Corporate Resilience Director Steve Eberlein will create an enduring conversation in your workplace.
RESILIENT WORKPLACE INITIATIVE
Tipping Point Resilience partners with Redfora – creator of America’s top-rated emergency kits – to convert the power of our preparedness message into measurable action amongst your staff. The Resilient Workplace Initiative features on-site emergency supplies at steeply discounted prices, field-tested preparedness messaging for your internal communications team, a cost-free resilience strategy session for your preparedness team, and an initiative impact report that quantifies preparedness and progress.
Tipping Point Resilience will provide your staff with trusted, easy-to-follow, step-by-step resources that will inform their preparedness actions whenever they are ready to take them. We will also remain available to your staff for their household preparedness questions long after the presentation has wrapped up. Our goal is to take your people to the finish line by removing the obstacles and providing the resources that will enable them to make a sustainable change to their level of preparedness.
Tipping Point Resilience Format: 45 – 90-minute live presentation
The standard 90-minute presentation covers the following:
- A personal account of the Boxing Day Tsunami in Sri Lanka
- How we unwittingly propagate a culture of unpreparedness
- The science and history of your local earthquake zone
- Human instincts, group behavior, and the danger of “amygdala hijack”
- “Drop/cover/hold-on” and other shaking scenarios
- Securing household and office furniture
- An unforgettable earthquake drill
- Tsunami preparedness and evacuation
- The infrastructural impact of a major seismic event
- Earthquakes, camping and preparedness culture
- Live review of kit contents, item by item
- Creating a family plan and building courage for tough conversations
- Igniting a preparedness movement in your community